Elementary RE – students not enrolled at St. Anne’s School.
1st thru 6th grade – Alive in Christ series will be taught. Alive in Christ is about the invitation from God to be in relationship with him—that encounter with Christ—so that we can come alive with the joy of the gospel and live as lifelong disciples
2nd Grade – Students will be involved in preparing for and receiving First Penance and First Holy Communion. An at-home study program will be used as a supplement to their weekly classroom instruction. Meetings are set up to give you instructions on how to use the at-home program and to give out other pertinent information. View calendar for dates.
Junior and Senior High
Grades 7 & 8 – will be using Catholic Connections, a course on Catholic beliefs. Catholic Connections aims to strengthen each participant's Catholic identity and inspire them to participate more fully in the Church's mission.
Grade 8 Theology of the Body will also be used. Theology of the Body answers questions such as:
- Who am I?
- Are there consequences to my actions?
- What is the difference between love and lust?
- How do I balance family, friends, school, God, music, TV, internet, texting, etc., in my daily life?
- How can I discern my vocation to marriage, priesthood, or religious life?
- How do I deal with bullying, gossip, peer pressure, pornography, divorce, etc?
- Can I live my Catholic Faith no matter how I messed up in the past?
Grade 9 & 10– will be using Chosen to learn more about our faith. Chosen provides everything you need to become lifelong disciples of Christ.
Grade 11 – will be preparing for the sacrament of confirmation with Decision Point. It is not the end of their formal religious education, it is a new beginning. Engages the young people in a life-changing conversation about the genius of Catholicism.
Grade 12 – Will meet each week with various topics.
Grades 7 – 12 will also assist our parish community with the liturgy throughout the year.